Monday, February 13, 2012

The Weight Loss Success

So I am really getting into this new exercising I am doing. Alot of it was not easy but very challenging. I got the rower that my ex husband had when we were married a hundred years ago.  I thought if I can row at home I won’t have to go to the Y every night. That was the plan, however I pushed my right knee too far and tore my meniscus. I found out quickly that I could not play racquetball. This put a wrench into my exercise plan. I had to figure out how to get the exercise in without playing racquetball. What else am I going to do. Thank god it was April and starting to get nice outside. I started playing golf about a  year and a half ago. I would play more golf instead. I needed to get better anyway. I would also walk as much as possible; on the course, with the dog, anywhere I could.
The food logging and learning is going good. I start to realize that I need a certain amount of fat and that it’s ok to eat the good fat from eggs, avocados, nuts & olive oil.  It also helps my digestion, if you know what I mean. I start to notice that my clothes are feeling a little big and this gives me incentive to continue, realizing that everything I am doing is making a difference. I bought a small scale to keep in the bathroom and I do weigh myself every morning. It keeps me on track. But don’t be alarmed if your weight fluctuates by as much as 3-5 pounds in a week. Just be alarmed if your weight keeps going up and not back down again.  This particular method that I have chosen to lose the weight is a slow process with me only losing about a pound a week. I noticed the inches coming off before much weight. I think that was from the exercise and my trusty ab workout in the morning. I also forgot to mention that I started drinking more water again as well. I have always read that you should drink at least 64 oz a day (8 8oz glasses). It’s not really that hard if you spread it over the day and night. It’s still a challenge for me to get it all in but I keep trying. Other drinks count as well. The point is just stay hydrated.
The next articles will go into much more details about eating and food, and the exercises which have made a difference for me. Please stay tuned!!
Happy, Healthy & Thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment