Monday, February 13, 2012

Fighting The Over Fifty Blues

This is the first in a series of articles that I will write about my experiences trying to lose weight after 50. I have always been a very active, independent woman. I have raised 2 kids as a single mom and all this time I thought I was eating healthy and exercising enough to maintain my weight and size. A few years ago I went up another size which was now two sizes larger than I have been since I was about 30. I stopped wearing anything that was clingy or showed off my belly fat. Thank god smocky shirts came back in style, even though I have always been told that you should not wear big clothes as they make you look bigger, it was still more comfortable for me. I finally got my hormones somewhat under control after  years of unbearable hot flashes, and now it was time to get back to my more desirable size. I started in February of this year and after about 6 months I have lost 20 pounds and enough inches to be able to wear my old clothes very comfortably.  I have even lost weight in my feet and hands which I find incredible.
In the coming articles I will go into much detail about how I did this without killing myself with exercise and giving up all the foods I really enjoyed.  In otherwords making a lifestyle change.
Stay Tuned!!
Happy, Healthy, and Thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment