Sunday, February 19, 2012

And The Winner Is Facebook


I recently signed up for facebook in an effort to promote my blog. Everyone has been bugging me to join and keep up with the rest of the world, but I was so opposed, thinking my life would be so exposed and it would take up so much more of my time. Well, I have been proven wrong. Yes, I said it, WRONG!! I am enjoying this new social media outlet (for me) so much that I find myself there everyday just to see the news. I see who posts everyday and the kind of things they post as well as being able to participate in the likes and dislikes of all the gooey gossip. It's actually really fun and it doesn't take up nearly as much time as I thought. I even figured out how to create my own facebook fan page for my blog which seems to be a feat in itself.

Overall I am really enjoying it and recommend it to anyone who is not participating. Everything seems to be so connected to it and I can post articles, pictures, events, etc. I am thoroughly impressed. I even found myself asking others why they were not utilizing all the features such as events when they needed to be promoted. This is by far the best way to reach as many people as possible at the same time, and in record time. I now know why businesses as well as individuals are taking advantage of this incredible medium, and it is INCREDIBLE!!

I have to say that I am really enjoying trying new things this last month or so since I have been unemployed. In addition to facebook, I'm in the middle of a magazine writing class, which is giving me great exposure to a totally different way of writing. I still haven't figured out if I really want to go in that direction, but this is a good way to do it. I am taking a ballroom dancing class at the YMCA which is really fun as well. I have always wanted to do that but never did. Tomorrow I am going for a swedish massage which I have done before but not in a very long time. I am also going to start Zumba classes and spin classes next week. I feel the need to make my workouts more diverse. The machines in the fitness room don't seem to hold my attention very long. I am still playing racquetball 2-3 times a week and trying to get golf in when the weather holds up. I also find myself watching Rachel Ray and Dr. Oz most days if I am home, for great cooking and health tips. Rachel really knows how to make everything look so easy and delicious. Dr. Oz gets so excited about everything he has on the show, so it's hard not to follow suit.

The point of this article is to inspire you to go out there and try as many new things as you can. How many times have you said to yourself, "I always wanted to take that class" or "I will never do that", or "it's just not something I'm interested in". Well, I am here to tell you that if you don't step out of your comfort zone you will never know what is out there waiting for you, and believe me, it is worth stepping out for.

Living for Change

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Facebook win. I have a page for my blog too. It's probably not as fancy as yours :-). Since you're unemployed and when you decide what you're next step is going to be, you just might want to consider LinkedIn for your professional social media...since you enjoy trying some new things. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. I am on linked in. please keep coming back.

      Delete
  2. Being unemployed is secretly fun, isn't it? Of course, it's not nearly as much fun when I can't pay the rent. But it sure does give you a lot of free time to do stuff like ballroom dancing and Zumba classes. Be careful with that Facebook stuff. It can get addictive. Pretty soon you're so busy with your social networking you don't have time to find a job.

    Honestly, I don't know how people who work do it.... :)
    Kay in Honolulu, Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is fun for now. I will be moving and then I will have to work. Please keep coming back.

      Delete