Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Ups and Downs of Life

Just reading the last articles I wrote back in 2016, I realize how much my life has changed and moved in many different directions. It has now been 5 years since I moved to Florida from VA and time is flying by more quickly than I would like. I now realize I must catch up and embrace the trajectory to make the most out of each day. Golf is still a very important and positive part of my life, reducing the everyday stresses and keeping me focused on a competitive level, which I really enjoy. Being on the beautiful golf courses every weekend with the continuous sunshine, blue skies and amazing wildlife is more than I could have ever imagined. The friendships I have formed thru golf and the EWGA are so priceless to me and I am trying to embrace them more each day.

My health and wellness direction seems to have taken a back seat due to time constraints but I am determined to move this to the forefront going forward. I am still practicing prevention by eating whole foods and staying away from processed foods, cutting out dairy and gluten as much as possible, and taking my whole food plant based supplements and shakes which include over 45 veggies and fruits each day. I have said this before and I will say it again; this makes so much sense in the practice of prevention and I have not been sick in any way since starting them back in May of 2013. They will be a part of my everyday life forever and I will recommend them for everyone and anyone. Yes, they are that good!! It hurts my heart to see so many around me getting sick and suffering. That is why prevention is definitely the key to a healthy and happy life and it is never too late to start. You will be amazed how quickly your body can recover by making small everyday changes to your diet, lifestyle, and physical and spiritual routines.

I am ready to embark on some additional changes myself and I want to share them with you as I go, in an effort to hold myself accountable and maybe inspire you to join me. I will share my morning exercise and spiritual activities, as well as my food choices throughout the day. Weight will be monitored weekly but my best measure is how my clothes are fitting. I have picked up some weight due to life's additional stresses but I am determined to conquer this and get back to my comfortable self.

Overall the mornings will start with 10 minutes on the Simply Fit Board and a 20 minute walk outside. It is beautiful in the mornings and I have a golf course right next to me so the scenery is amazing. I drink a chocolate plant based shake every morning before I go to work that keeps me full for at least 4 hours. I will eat my big meal for lunch and a smaller meal such as soup and salad for dinner. I always have a water bottle with me so I will be diligent about filling this at least twice each day. (It's pretty big) I was reading about how healthy it is to fast so I may begin with a water fast for a day or so with only a shake in the morning.  I will share the results as well.  I think it will make me feel better once it is finished.

Just to let you know that you are not alone with letting yourself go now and then, my biggest vice is eating late at night. I do only keep healthy snacks in the house because I know I will eat whatever is here.  Usually dark chocolate and pistachio nuts are my go to. I will be making a great attempt to curb this habit. I know it will help getting the weight down.

I hope you will follow my progress and give me feedback about your life as well. I will also share these posts on Facebook.

Until next time...

Keeping it Happy, Healthy and Real
Your Nutrition Coach
Susan G

No comments:

Post a Comment