Monday, February 13, 2012

It’s A Holiday and I’m On Vacation (part 1)

The holidays have now come and gone, as well as the many vacations we all took. I always find it hard to get thru the holidays, and vacations without splurging on the snacks, sweets, and  really great food.  It was easier than I thought at work, in lieu of the many great food baskets that came in. I just stayed out of the kitchen, which seems to be the best solution. I also continued to bring my regular snacks; gala apple & greek yogurt with fresh blueberries, as well as drinking as much water as possible. We did have a potluck and there was alot of dips, meatballs, chips, etc. I tried just about everything but in very small portions. I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything, having tasted everything. The key was portion size. Once again, Everything In Moderation!!  My biggest indulgence was at night when there were too many sweets around and I was constantly feeling like making cakes and cookies for the holidays. I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread for all my gifts, and to keep at home. It worked out great but I couldn’t stop eating it everytime I made it. I LOVE pumpkin. I know I didn’t lose any weight those few weeks but I did maintain, and kept up with my exercise as much as possible. I am playing racquetball again and really enjoying it. My body seems to be holding up as long as I don’t overdo it.
Just remember that if you continue to exercise while you are falling off the wagon, so to speak, with your food choices, you can still maintain your weight,  and get all the benefits of indulging in your holiday favorites. Please read on to Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment